Saturday, January 13, 2018

review Nick Vujicic "Be the Hands and Feet"

     I've heard Nick Vujicic speak several times: a public arena, a military installation, a high school auditorium. I even got to be part of a greeting committee at the airport one of the times he came to Utah.  His presentations are always spot on, his earlier books make for fascinating reading. And "Be the Hands and Feet" follows that pattern.

It's so obvious that Nick speaks from the heart, and his heart is beating in time with the Heart of God.
I got a different feel from reading this books, than other books by Nick.  Those always seemed to me to be motivational--directed to those that are often, for whatever reason, marginalized from society. Whether in books or speaking engagements, I walked away feeling empowered. One looks at the body of Nick Vujicic (one without hands or feet) and realize what he is doing, and you can't help but think, 'if he can do _____(and it's an impressive list of things he's done and experienced!), then I can certainly get through my issue, or meet my goals, or fulfill my dreams.
    In "Be the Hands and Feet: Living Out God's Love for All His Children", I felt that there is a slight difference.  This book is a call to the church, a call to the community, a call to the culture and society to actually be the hands and feet of God. Treat others--especially the ones that you might not normally associate with--as Jesus would treat them. This is a battle cry for human rights, human dignity, and Shalom such as humanity  hasn't seen since the Garden of Eden.
    Let Nick touch your heart, and encourage it to beat in time with the Heart of God. 
    And by the way if you ever have the opportunity to hear Nick in person, and he offers hugs, try to get one. You'll be blessed!
 Book releases in Mid February! pre-order now!
 I received an advance review copy of this book from the publisher as part of the Launch, and in case you didn't figure it out, I gave this book a 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment