Saturday, April 25, 2020

Younique is not really unique


I was looking forward to reading Younique: Designing the Life that God Dreamed for You by Will Mancini (with Dave Rhodes and Cory Hartman) (B&H Publishing, 2020) because it looked like it might be a tool to help me decide how to spend my golden years. I’m retired, but not so tired that I’m ready to spend my days in a rocking chair on the porch, watching life pass by.  There is definitely a part of me that wants to make a difference in the time that I have left, and since its God that gives me that time, I want my life to honor Him.

I was hoping for something new, but I didn’t really find it. This is another book with good information about mission, vision, purpose, and goals. Much of the same stuff that I’ve read in a number of other books over the past 40 or so years. Yes Mancini presents it a little differently, but I found his plan burdensome and overly complicated.
In many ways it seemed as I was reading Younique that this was a management book with some scripture and biblical principles thrown in to offer a fresh appeal to ministry leaders. Although I didn’t check out the links that offered additional information on several things mentioned, I got the impression that to get the full benefit of Mancini’s plan for designing a new life, that I might need to purchase a membership, or buy additional materials.
In short, this book is not for me, and I would hesitate to broadly recommend it, although I can think of one or two people who would probably be willing to give it a try.
                I received a copy of this book from the publisher as a part of a blogging program, I was not required to write a positive review.
                3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment