Sunday, July 19, 2020

REBORN by Clayton King


All too often I wish that there was a formula for introducing someone to Jesus. I usually don’t have much of an imagination, so it’s hard for me to make the jump from one place to the gospel. But I have to admit that reading Clayton King’s book Reborn: How Encountering Jesus Changes Everything (Baker Books, 2020) has given me some ideas.

Kings recounts some real life experiences and juxtaposes them with passages of scripture. He points out how the people in the bible were reborn, how their lives changed after an encounter with Jesus, and he does so in a way that makes it fairly obvious that a hurting and broken person today and a hurting and broken person from 2000 years ago have so much in common. 
It was also pretty comforting to see how some people needed more time than others to get to the point where they were willing and ready to change.  Not everyone jumps at the first opportunity, sometimes it takes years of someone saying no before it finally clicks.  Jesus didn’t give up, and neither should we!
Afraid of sharing the Gospel? This book may just give you the confidence that you need.
I received a copy of this book from the publisher as a member of their blogger program. I was asked to provide an honest review
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment