Saturday, September 15, 2012

"UNLEASH!" and be free

If you read my blog, you know that I'm pretty lazy about blogging; and that most of my blogs are actually book reviews. I like to read and I've found some publishers that will send me books:I write a review, post it on Amazon or CBD, post it on my blog, send the links to the publisher, and ask for another book. I noticed today that I write a lot of positive reviews, hmmmm. But then it hit me, I ask for books that I want to read, books that sound interesting, that I've heard a lot of good stuff about, or that are new books by some of the authors on my preferred lists. Yep chances are that the reviews will be good.
Sometimes though, the books come from a different source. Like UNLEASH!. I read books and I read blogs. Perry Noble is a favorite blogger and he's written a book.  Perry sometimes thinks outside the box, and he and his team have come up with a neat way to get the book reviewed.I clicked on a link on his blog and a few days later his team sent a PDF along with some things that they would like reviewers to do in the days leading up to, and during the week that the book releases. I read the book. I like the book, and I think you will too. I'll post a review next week, but there's no reason you can't pre-order it now.  Go to the site unleashbook.com,  or go to Amazon, or go to CBD,  and they'll be glad to help you out.

Perry is a no-holds barred kind of guy...what you see is what you get, and as he tells the story of King David, and how his life would have been so different if he hadn't been willing to UNLEASH!, he also shares how different his life is because he learned to unleash.
Many people are like high school Perry at the dance: (see Chapter 1, "Showing up at the Dance")


             "I talked about dancing. I thought about dancing. I watched other people dancing. Quite a few times
                              I almost had the courage to walk onto the dance floor and try dancing."

But there's so much  more waiting for us, if we're just willing to let go of everything that's holding us back:

          "When I take an honest look at my own life and the lives of the people around me, I have to wonder:                            
            are we doing the same thing when it comes to following Christ? Maybe we think about doing                      
           something  radical for God. Maybe we even dream that one day we’ll be more than we are today.
           But we end up merely standing against the wall, never experiencing the rhythm of God’s grace".

This book may just be the impetus for you to start dancing,  to do something radical for God.  All of us aren't called to kill a giant, but none of us are called to stand against the wall, just watching others dance.

Dare to UNLEASH! and see just how well you can dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment