Sunday, September 24, 2017

thoughts on Lance Hahn's "The Master's Mind"

There are a couple of ways that I’m trying to allow my will, my mind, my life, to be bent to the Master’s. One of them is the things I do in my chosen field of ministry. And the other has to do with some self-improvement stuff that I’ve been involved with for the past 40 years.  So the title of this book fascinated me.  But I found Lance Hahn’s The Master’s Mind: The Art of Reshaping Your Thoughts (W Publishing Group, 2107) to be a bit of a disappointment. I want my will aligned with the will of God, and it makes sense that since, as we read in Isaiah: Isa 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," (NIV)
                This book is one I picked to review because I was fascinated by the title; but for some reason, I had a difficult time following the train of thought of the author. I don’t think he was off base scripturally, (and since he’s a pastor, I would hope he would be on track here). There was a lot of good information and examples provided about how negative thoughts often lead to negative actions, and why the Master would prefer positivity over negativity. But…
                When I say it was a difficult read, I don’t meant that it was too deep from me to comprehend, but rather that it was rather dry for my tastes. Additionally I didn’t find anything new to stimulate my thought processes. Others may not have been exposed to some of the things Pastor Hahn writes about, but for me it was a rehash of things I’ve read about in many other places.
                I received a copy of this book from HANDLEBAR in exchange for an unbiased review.

                3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment