Saturday, June 15, 2019

Difference Maker Declaration says it all


Everyone I know seems to want to make a difference, but most people don’t know how. Part of the reason seems to be that they think to make a difference that they have to be doing something so big that it will change the world. Sometimes we need to remember the lesson of the starfish, and start by making a difference to that one starfish. Sometimes things take off from there, and sometimes we need to change course and start over with something new. And sometimes we just need to wait until God decides that the right time for our idea has come.
Gregg Matte started a bible study when he was in college. It grew and grew, but it took time to get there. He pastors a successful church, and yes, they make a difference, but just how big of a difference they could make wasn’t necessarily evident until Hurricane Harvey hit.

I don’t think I read much of anything new in the book Difference Makers: How to Live a Life of Impact & Purpose (B&H Publishing, 2019) but that’s ok because the ‘Difference Maker Declaration’ that he refers to often, makes up for whatever else might be missing.  There are a lot of stories of making a difference, and how important passion is in making that happen, but the declaration says it all:
I was made for more than watching. I have a history-changing, difference-making, life-giving, Spirit-empowered legacy to leave. Jesus, I ask you to work deeply in me and clearly through me as I pray, give, and go in your love. I am a difference maker. In Jesus'' name. Amen
I received a copy of this book from the publisher as a participant in their bloggers’ program; I was not required to write a positive review.
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment