Friday, May 6, 2011

Hope you said a prayer

    Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo, and lots of people in my little corner of the world celebrated it. Yesterday was also the annual National Day of Prayer. Probably not so many people celebrated. Granted it's more fun to go to a party than to rush off to city hall on your lunch hour but...
    Mayor and Mrs Godfrey and City Council Chair Gochnour joined a small crowd on the steps of Ogden's municipal building and listened as 9 pastors prayed for them and the country.
    I don't know about you, but I think that prayer works.  A few of us were talking after the event and someone commented that last year, Mayor Godfrey had asked that as we pray for the community we would pray for creation of jobs; he had hopes that the Ogden area was on track for several hundred new jobs. Seems like those prayers worked, and then some since many new jobs have come to Ogden this past year. Prayer works.
    I got to pray for government leaders. And as I prayed,  I remembered Abraham. "Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him." (Gen 18:18 NIV).
So I prayed that our leaders would be blessed, and that through them others would be blessed also.
    Who did you pray for yesterday? Who will you pray for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment