Monday, March 5, 2018

The Cross and Christian Ministry

Don Carson is a prolific writer; I like some of his work, the rest of it, not so much. This book,  "The Cross and Christian Ministry (Baker Books, 1993)  falls into the latter category. I found it stilted, and difficult to read, but, having said that, when I read a passage over and over, I can't fault the teaching. It is important to focus on the cross: in preaching, in leadership, in our faith walk, and in life in general.
I believe that if I happened to be a member of the target audience to whom the series of lectures was first presented, it might have been less cumbersome. And like many things, what comes across well in one format, doesn't always work well in another. (I've enjoyed a lot of books, but when I went to see the movie based on the book, I was disappointed). 
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment